Updated as of: 1 August 2020
Collection and Use of Personal Data of All Visitors
Collection of Personally Identifiable Data
When you make a request for a teacher with us, either for yourself or on behalf of someone, you automatically become a “student” or “client” where applicable. As a student, we may collect and process personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address, living address, date of birth, race and gender, and music interests.
When you sign up with us as a music educator, you automatically become a “teacher”. We may collect and process personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address, living address, date of birth, race and gender, music interests, your past music experiences, including but not limited to your qualifications, and your achievements.
When you request us to contact you for other purposes, such as to respond to enquiries, we may collect and process personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to your name, phone number and email address.
Use of Personally Identifiable Data
When you provide personally identifiable data to us, we use and process them in the following ways, applicable where you have expressed consent, to:
- Operate the website and render services;
- Provide matching services for teachers and students;
- Process, and where necessary, respond to enquiries, feedback, and requests;
- Inform or update you about products and services by LWU and its affiliates;
- Inform or update you about changes to the website;
- Improve the visitor experience of our website and service.
We will share basic information you have provided to us when requesting for a teacher to music educators who have registered with us, or music educators who have a partnership with us in the interests of teacher and student matching. The rest of your personal information will only be provided to the teacher you have confirmed to take lessons with.
We will share general professional information and basic personal information that you have provided to us to a student who has requested for a teacher of relevance to your practice. We will only provide the rest of your personal information after a student has confirmed to take lessons with you.
Protection of Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to prevent access, disclosure, modification, and destruction of your personal data from and against all unauthorized users and visitors. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, and any transmission is at your own risk.
Accessing and Correction Obligation
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request. Note that we may charge a small fee for this service. Similarly, we also want to ensure that we hold an accurate and updated version of your personal information. Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like us to correct any mistakes or inaccuracies in your personal information.
Access and correction of all personal information shall be done in accordance with the directions, guidelines and exceptions stipulated in the PDPA.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The website will not sell, lease, nor disclose your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information, with or without notice where applicable, in the following situations:
- Without notice, to comply with legal requirements;
- Without notice, in good faith that such action is necessary to protect the personal safety of visitors of the website, or the public;
- Without notice, in the event that the website is acquired by a third-party, and the personal data it held is part of the transaction;
- With notice, to trusted partners like music schools, institutions, organizations, or music service providers to provide music products and services to you. In such cases, your consent will additionally be requested.
A cookie is a text file uniquely issued to your computer by a web server that you visited, that can only be read by the server itself. Cookies cannot be used to run your computer or deliver malicious code to your computer.
Links to Other Site